Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Promise

So, I've promised myself that I'll start actually posting more often. Actually, I thought I might do it every day but you know what? let's start with baby steps shall we...
Anyways, Tonight I was reminded of just how lucky I am to have bunny. My husband and I have an amazing little gift that we get to enjoy and in my case 24-7. I really do love my job though! I am a mommy and full time Personal Assistant to an amazing little man.
One of my husbands childhood pals and his wife are just beginning the adoption journey and tonight my husband spent some time coaching him and encouraging him through the process.
I love this part of adoption!!! I love that we have the opportunity to help other people become parents through our personal experience. This is of course how it happened for us, after all.
A chance meeting with someone just like us who made it through and saw that we needed a little nudge to get us through.
I decided after listening to that phone call this evening that I would check out our adoption agencies website of waiting families. I sometimes scan through to see who is left, who is new and hopefully who I can contact to send encouragement and maybe a little help finding their way too. I found a couple that I remembered from our orientation. It took them a while to get up on the website but they are there, hopeful and waiting. I wondered how long they might wait before they are matched with this agency. So, I decided to write to them and offer some resources that were offered to me and to send all my good wishes.
This is addictive really, this need to give back, to help others get through. The happiness I feel because of all that I've been given and all the love that comes over me when I look into those big, dreamy brown eyes. Everyone who wants to be a mommy as much as I did deserves all the help they can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment